Albright IP66 protected SU80-5164MPL single-acting 12 Volt DC 150 Amps magnetically latched contactor with large Silver-alloy tips, intermittent.
- The SU80 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc. They have double-breaking contacts with Silver-alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- Due to the sealed nature of this contactor, no repair kits are available.
- It is fitted with a top hat mounting bracket.
- Large tip version.
- Height, including terminals and coil base cap: 94mm.
- Cap width: 53mm.
- Cap depth (including coil terminals): 48mm.
About Intermittent (Int.) SU80 Solenoids
Intermittent contactors, by design, are predominantly used for hydraulic functions on vehicles; they make and break quicker than continuous solenoids and are not recommended for prolonged contact periods.
Magnetic Latching: The contact position is secured with the use of a permanent magnet within the coil assembly. The coil requires a pulse(~500ms) to close the contacts and a reverse polarity pulse (~500ms) to operate the armature and open the contacts, but otherwise remains in the last energised state without the need for power. It should be noted, therefore, these are not failsafe.
The SU80 is an up-rated version of the SW80 Contactor designed for Interrupted and Uninterrupted loads. The SU80 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounting is via the supplied mounting bracket. Mounting can be horizontal or vertical. When vertical, the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||NO - SP - ST |
|Voltage ||12V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Intermittent |
|Amps ||150 Amps |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||7 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||8.5 Max. |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||8.5 Max. |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||20.57 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Weight ||350g |
|Application ||Interrupted ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||150A ||200A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||275A ||365A |
|40% Duty ||235A ||315A |
|50% Duty ||210A ||280A |
|60% Duty ||190A ||260A |
|70% Duty ||180A ||240A |