Albright 12 Volts DC motor reversing solenoid contactor, continuous.
- The DC88-2 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc.
- They have double-breaking main contacts with Silver-alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive style solenoid switches which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- The DC88 is a monoblock construction, resulting in a neat compact design which is compatible with modern electronic control systems.
Replacement Component Part Numbers
- 2070-360A: Top cover and stud contacts.
- 2070-14J: Moving contact.
- 2070-326: Long bar fixed contact.
About The DC88-2 Motor Reversing Solenoid
Continuous contactors by design are predominantly used for drive functions on vehicles, they make and break slower than intermittent solenoids and are recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The main contact circuit, designed for motor reversing, has a built-in failsafe, so that if both coils are energised simultaneously the contact arrangement is an open circuit. This version of the DC88 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounting is via the integral bracket formed into the coil housing case. Mounting can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance).
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance).
|NO - SP - DT
|Coil Power Dissipation
|7 - 13 Watts
|Typical Pull-In Time
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole
Across New Contacts At 100A
|NO: < 40mV
NC: < 50mV
|Operating Ambient Temperature
|-40 to +60℃
|Thermal Current Rating
|Intermittent Current Rating: