Albright SW80-116 single-acting solenoid contactor, 24V continuous with integral bracket.
- The SW80 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc., they have double-breaking contacts with Silver-alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive style solenoid switches which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- Repair contact kit part number: 2070-57.
- Auxiliary switch kit part number: 2070-124.
- Enclosed top cover fitted.
- Height including terminals and coil base cap: 94mm.
- Coil width: 41mm.
- Cap width: 50.5mm.
- Cap depth: 39mm.
About Continuous (CO.) SW80 Solenoids
Continuous contactors by design are predominantly used for drive functions on vehicles, they make and break slower than intermittent solenoids and are recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The SW80 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounting is via the integral bracket formed into the coil housing case. Mounting can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||SPST NO |
|Voltage ||24V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Continuous |
|Amps ||100 Amps |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||52 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||16.0 Max. |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||6.0 Max. |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||11.08 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|< 40mV |
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Weight ||430g |
|Application ||Interrupted ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A ||125A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A ||230A |
|40% Duty ||160A ||200A |
|50% Duty ||140A ||175A |
|60% Duty ||130A ||160A |
|70% Duty ||120A ||150A |