Albright SW202-16 double-acting 24Vdc 250 Amps strapped pair contactor for drive motor-reversing, continuous coil.
- Paired and linked 24 Volts DC single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switch solenoids.
- The SW202 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as industrial trucks, warehouse forklifts, airport tractors, etc.
- The contactors are compact in size and are fully serviceable, with a range of spare parts available.
- Repair contact kit part number: 2155-136.
- Auxiliary switch kit part number: 2155-202 (1 kit does 1 x coil).
- Fitted with magnetic blowouts as standard.
- Height including terminals and coil base cap: 152mm.
- Assembly width including bars and bracket: 160.5mm.
- Cap width: 2 x 48mm.
- Total depth including bracket: 82mm.
About The Continuous SW202-16 Reversing Contactors
Continuous contactors by design are predominantly for drive functions on vehicles; they switch slower than intermittent solenoids and are recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The SW202 is a configuration of two 'Single Pole, Double Throw' type contactors on a common bracket for motor reversing. The SW202 features single pole double-breaking main contacts with Silver-alloy tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
The SW202 main contact circuit, designed for motor reversing, is such that it has a built-in failsafe, so that if both coils are energised simultaneously the contact arrangement is open circuits.
The SW202 has M10 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounted using the supplied bracket, mounting of the solenoids can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M10 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
These contactors are fitted with magnetic blowouts across contact gaps as standard. These enable high currents to be ruptured very quickly so that arcing time is reduced to a minimum. Fitting of blowouts can make the contacts polarity sensitive and the positive markings on the top cover of the contactor must be observed.
|Device Type ||Paired SPDT |
|Voltage ||24V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Continuous |
|Amps ||250A |
|Coil Power Dissipation ||13 - 21 Watts |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||40ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|NO: 40mV |
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ (guide) |
|Guideline Weight ||3.35kg |
|Application ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||250A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||450A |
|40% Duty ||390A |
|50% Duty ||360A |
|60% Duty ||320A |
|70% Duty ||300A |