SW80B-2428 Albright Single Acting Solenoid Contactor 48V Continuous
Despatch: 9 to 12 Weeks
Weight: 400 g
Bar Code: DNA
Part Number: SW80B-2428
Voltage: 48V DC
Coil type: Continuous
Pre-order and back-ordering are available with a current 9 to 12 week lead time. Telephone: +44 (0) 1924 823119 or Email us to discuss further requirements.
SW80B-2428 single acting solenoid contactor 48V continuous.
- The SW80 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc., they have double breaking contacts with silver alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive style solenoid switches which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- Fitted with a mounting bracket (2071-428), right hand side of the 6.3mm energising terminals.
- Enclosed top cover fitted.
- Diode fitted.
- Armature cap fitted.
- Backplate fitted.
- 2070-57: Repair contact kit
- 2070-124: Auxiliary switch kit
- 2071-428: Replacement DIN rail bracket
- Height including terminals and coil base cap: 94mm.
- Coil width: 41mm.
- Cap width: 50.5mm.
- Cap depth: 39mm.
These contactors are of double break configuration and are fitted with magnetic blowouts (denoted by 'B' suffix in the SW80 range) across both contact gaps. These enable high currents to be ruptured very quickly so that arcing time is reduced to a minimum. Fitting of blowouts makes the contacts polarity sensitive and the Positive markings on the top cover of the contactor must be observed.
About Continuous (CO.) SW80 Solenoids
Continuous contactors by design are predominantly used for drive functions on vehicles, they make and break slower than intermittent solenoids and are recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The SW80 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounting is via M4 tapped holes or by steel mounting brackets (supplied). Mounting can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted current - opening and closing on load with frequent switching (results in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted current - no or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||SW80B SPST NO |
|Voltage ||48V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Continuous |
|Amps ||100 amp |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||212 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||32.0 Maximum |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||12.0 Maximum |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||10.87 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Weight ||400g |
|Application ||Interrupted ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A ||125A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A ||230A |
|40% Duty ||160A ||200A |
|50% Duty ||140A ||175A |
|60% Duty ||130A ||160A |
|70% Duty ||120A ||150A |
Free UK Mainland Postage and Packaging
Free UK Mainland delivery discount is selectable on your shopping cart page; a £50.00 minimum order value is applicable for the Free Delivery Service, with a variable low Standard Rate shipping charge for smaller consignments.
Despatch methods for Standard and Free UK Delivery Service include light, low-value orders despatched via Royal Mail standard or recorded delivery, with large and high-value orders despatched via UPS and Parcel Force courier services.
International orders and consignments require the exact Card Holder Address (Invoicee) as the first address for payment processing. PO Box addresses are not acceptable as delivery addresses by some couriers.
Export orders will only be accepted when placed online.