Albright SW80-50 single-acting solenoid contactor, 96 to 120Vdc intermittent.
- The SW80 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc.. They have double-breaking contacts with Silver-alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive-style solenoid switches, which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- Repair contact kit part number: 2070-57.
- Auxiliary switch kit part number: 2070-124.
- Height, including terminals and coil base cap: 94mm.
- Coil width: 41mm.
- Cap width: 50.5mm.
- Cap depth: 39mm.
About Intermittent (Int.) SW80 Solenoids
Intermittent contactors, by design, are predominantly used for hydraulic functions on vehicles; they make and break quicker than continuous solenoids and are not recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The SW80 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounting is via M4 tapped holes or by steel mounting brackets (supplied as separate items). Mounting can be horizontal or vertical. When vertical, the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||NO - SP - ST |
|Voltage ||96-120V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Intermittent |
|Amps ||100 Amps |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||736 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||64.0 Max. |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||24.0 Max. |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||12.52 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|< 40mV |
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Weight ||350g |
|Application ||Interrupted ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A ||125A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A ||230A |
|40% Duty ||160A ||200A |
|50% Duty ||140A ||175A |
|60% Duty ||130A ||160A |
|70% Duty ||120A ||150A |