Albright International SW520-28M 24 Volts double-pole, single-throw 'magnetically latched' solenoid contactor, intermittent.
- The SW520 is designed for use in telecommunications and power distribution applications where an uninterrupted current load is switched.
- These contactors are primarily used with Direct Current loads but can also be used with Alternating Currents.
- The SW520 features double-breaking main contacts with Silver-alloy tips which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- Silver plating on the main contacts is standard for the SW500.
- Magnetically latching contactor.
- Yellow warning label fitted.
- Side mounted auxiliary switch fitted.
- Special operating knob and extension fitted.
- 2155-165 Vertical mounting bracket single (2 x recommended)
- 2065-167A Horizontal mounting bracket kit (1 x recommended)
About Intermittent (INT.) SW520 Solenoids
Intermittent contactors, by design, are predominantly used for hydraulic functions on vehicles; they make and break quicker than continuous solenoids and are not recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The SW500 is a compact contactor that can be busbar mounted vertically or horizontally. If mounted vertically, the coil should be at the bottom.
Magnetic Latching: The contact position is secured with the use of a permanent magnet within the assembly. The coil requires a pulse to close the contacts and a reverse polarity pulse to operate the armature and open the contacts, but otherwise remains in the last energised state without the need for power. It should be noted, therefore, these are not failsafe.
|Uninterrupted current - no or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||NO - DP - ST. |
|Voltage ||24Vdc |
|Coil Type ||Intermittent |
|Amps ||500 Amps |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||12 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||17.0 Max. |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||17.0 Max. |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||48.00 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||30ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 500A
|< 50mV |
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Weight ||1.03kg |
|Application ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||500A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||915A |
|40% Duty ||790A |
|50% Duty ||705A |
|60% Duty ||645A |
|70% Duty ||600A |