SU280C-1542M single-acting 48Vdc 250 Amps magnetically latched solenoid contactor, intermittent.
- The SU280 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as industrial trucks, airport tractors, etc., they have double-breaking contacts with Silver-alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- Auxiliary V3 microswitch fitted.
- Enclosed top cover.
- Bi-directional diode fitted.
- Magnetically latched contactor with yellow warning label fitted.
- 2159-47 Mounting bracket.
- 2155-165 Mounting bracket.
- 2159-167A Mounting bracket.
- Height including terminals and coil base cap: 132mm.
- Coil width: 45mm.
- Cap width: 67mm.
- Cap depth: 47mm.
About Intermittent (Int.) SU280 Solenoids
Intermittent contactors by design are predominantly used for hydraulic functions on vehicles, they make and break quicker than continuous solenoids and are not recommended for prolonged contact periods.
Magnetic Latching: The contact position is secured with the use of a permanent magnet within the coil assembly. The coil requires a pulse to close the contacts, and a reverse polarity pulse to operate the armature and open the contacts, but otherwise remains in the last energised state without the need for power. It should be noted therefore these are not failsafe.
The contactors have double-breaking main contacts with Silver-alloy tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity. They are easy to install, with M5 tapped holes in the switch frame together with a range of available mounting brackets. Mounting can be vertical or horizontal, when vertical the M10 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||SPST NO |
|Voltage ||48V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Intermittent |
|Amps ||250 Amps |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||73 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||33.5 Maximum |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||33.5 Maximum |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||31.56 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||30ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Weight ||755g |
|Application ||Interrupted ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||250A ||350A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||450A ||640A |
|40% Duty ||395A ||555A |
|50% Duty ||355A ||495A |
|60% Duty ||325A ||450A |
|70% Duty ||300A ||420A |