Albright 36 Volts DC motor reversing solenoid contactor, intermittent. The 'B' denotes the caps are fitted with magnetic blow-outs.
- The DC88B-5 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc.
- They have double-breaking main contacts with Silver-alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive style solenoid switches which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- The DC88B is a monoblock construction, resulting in a neat compact design which is compatible with modern electronic control systems.
- Magnetic blow-outs: used to assist breaking of arcs associated with high voltage.
Replacement Component Part Numbers
- 2070-360C: Top cover with magnets and stud contacts.
- 2070-14J: Moving contact.
- 2070-326: Long bar fixed contact.
About The DC88B-5 Motor Reversing Solenoid
Intermittent contactors by design are predominantly used for hydraulic functions on vehicles, they make and break quicker than continuous solenoids and are not recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The main contact circuit, designed for motor reversing, has a built-in failsafe, so that if both coils are energised simultaneously the contact arrangement is open circuit. This version of the DC88 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounting is via the integral bracket formed into the coil housing case. Mounting can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||DC88B-5 Monoblock SPDT NO |
|Voltage ||36V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Intermittent |
|Amps ||100A |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||73 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||24.0 Maximum |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||9.0 Maximum |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||17.75 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|Normally Open: Less than 40mV |
Normally Closed: Less than 50mV
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Guideline Weight ||1.04kg |
|Application ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A |
|40% Duty ||160A |
|50% Duty ||140A |
|60% Duty ||130A |
|70% Duty ||120A |