DC88B-137 Albright 24V DC Motor Reversing Solenoid Contactor Intermittent
Despatch: 9 to 12 Weeks
Weight: 1.04 kg
Bar Code: DNA
Part Number: DC88B-137
Voltage: 24V DC
Coil type: Intermittent
Pre-order and back-ordering are available with a current 9 to 12 week lead time. Telephone: +44 (0) 1924 823119 or Email us to discuss further requirements.
Albright 24 Volts DC motor-reversing solenoid contactor, intermittent. The 'B' denotes the caps are fitted with magnetic blowouts.
- The DC88B-137 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc.
- They have double-breaking main contacts with silver alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive style solenoid switches which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- The DC88B is a monoblock construction, resulting in a neat compact design which is compatible with modern electronic control systems.
- Magnetic blow-outs: used to assist in breaking arcs associated with high voltage.
- The unit is not supplied with a mounting bracket and has tapped holes.
- The unit has the Normally Closed contact on the right while the Positive "T" contact is at the front.
- 2070-41 Albright SW88 DC88 Solenoid Mounting Bracket
- 2072-447 Pair of Albright DC88 Solenoid Mounting Brackets
Replacement Component Part Numbers
- 2070-14J: Moving contact.
- 2070-326: Long bar fixed contact.
About the DC88B-137 Motor Reversing Solenoid
Intermittent contactors by design are predominantly used for hydraulic functions on vehicles, they make and break quicker than continuous solenoids and are not recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The main contact circuit, designed for motor reversing, has a built-in failsafe, so that if both coils are energised simultaneously the contact arrangement is open circuit. Coil connections are by means of 6.3mm spades and mounting is via M4 screws on a panel fixture or using an additional bracket (e.g. part number: 2070-41) and can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||SPDT NO |
|Voltage ||24V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Intermittent |
|Amps ||100A |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||29 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||16.0 Max. |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||6.0 Max. |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||19.86 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|NO: < 40mV |
NC: < 50mV
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Guideline Weight ||1.04kg |
|Application ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A |
|40% Duty ||160A |
|50% Duty ||140A |
|60% Duty ||130A |
|70% Duty ||120A |
Free UK Mainland Postage and Packaging
Free UK Mainland delivery discount is selectable on your shopping cart page; a £50.00 minimum order value is applicable for the Free Delivery Service, with a variable low Standard Rate shipping charge for smaller consignments.
Despatch methods for Standard and Free UK Delivery Service include light, low-value orders despatched via Royal Mail standard or recorded delivery, with large and high-value orders despatched via UPS and Parcel Force courier services.
International orders and consignments require the exact Card Holder Address (Invoicee) as the first address for payment processing. PO Box addresses are not acceptable as delivery addresses by some couriers.
Export orders will only be accepted when placed online.