Albright SW88B-1 24Vdc 100 Amps double-acting strapped pair contactor with magnetic blowouts, intermittent.
- Double acting strapped pair 24 Volts DC contactor for motor reversing.
- The SW88 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as Light Industrial Trucks, Powered Invalid Cars, etc.
- The contactors are compact in size and are fully serviceable, with a range of spare parts available.
- Repair contact kit part number: 2070-151.
- Auxiliary switch kit part number: 2070-124 (1 kit does 1 x coil).
- Height including terminals and coil base cap: 94mm.
- Coil width including bars: 119mm.
- Cap width: 2 x 39mm.
- Total depth including bracket: 55mm.
About The Intermittent SW88B-1 Reversing Contactors
Intermittent contactors by design are predominantly used for hydraulic functions on vehicles, they make and break quicker than continuous solenoids and are not recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The SW88B is a configuration of two SW84B type contactors on a common bracket for motor reversing. The SW88B features single pole double-breaking main contacts with Silver-alloy tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
The SW88B main contact circuit, designed for motor reversing, is such that it has a built-in failsafe, so that if both coils are energised simultaneously the contact arrangement is open circuits.
The SW88B has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounted using the supplied bracket, mounting of the solenoids can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
These contactors are fitted with magnetic blowouts (denoted by the 'B' suffix in the SW88B range) across contact gaps. These enable high currents to be ruptured very quickly so that arcing time is reduced to a minimum. Fitting of blowouts can make the contacts polarity sensitive and the positive markings on the top cover of the contactor must be observed.
|Device Type ||Strapped Pair |
|Voltage ||24V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Intermittent |
|Amps ||100A |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||29 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||14.0 Max. |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||6.0 Max. |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||19.86 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|NO: 40mV |
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Guideline Weight ||960kg |
|Application ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A |
|40% Duty ||160A |
|50% Duty ||140A |
|60% Duty ||130A |
|70% Duty ||120A |