Albright International SW88-34 12Vdc 100 Amps double-acting strapped pair contactor with enclosed top covers, intermittent.
- Double-acting strapped pair 12 Volts DC contactor for motor-reversing.
- The SW88 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as Light Industrial Trucks, Powered Invalid Cars, etc.
- The contactors are compact in size and are fully serviceable, with a range of spare parts available.
- Repair contact kit part number: 2070-151.
- Auxiliary switch kit part number: 2070-124 (1 kit does 1 x coil).
- These units have an enclosed top cover.
- Height including terminals and coil base cap: 94mm.
- Coil width including bars: 119mm.
- Cap width: 2 x 39mm.
- Total depth including bracket: 55mm.
About The Intermittent SW88-34 Reversing Contactors
Intermittent contactors by design are predominantly used for hydraulic functions on vehicles, they make and break quicker than continuous solenoids and are not recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The SW88 is a configuration of two SW84 type contactors on a common bracket for motor reversing. The SW88 features single pole double-breaking main contacts with Silver-alloy tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
The SW88 main contact circuit, designed for motor reversing, is such that it has a built-in failsafe, so that if both coils are energised simultaneously the contact arrangement is open circuits.
The SW88 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounted using the supplied bracket, mounting of the solenoids can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||Strapped Pair |
|Voltage ||12V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Intermittent |
|Amps ||100A |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||9.0 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||9.0 Max. |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||3.5 Max. |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||16.00 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|NO: 40mV |
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Guideline Weight ||960kg |
|Application ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A |
|40% Duty ||160A |
|50% Duty ||140A |
|60% Duty ||130A |
|70% Duty ||120A |