SW80B-553 Albright 80Vdc Single-acting Solenoid Contactor - Intermittent
£36.75 Excl. VAT (£44.10 Inc. VAT)
Earn 36 Loyalty Points
Despatch: 9 to 12 Weeks
Weight: 400 g
Bar Code: DNA
Part Number: SW80B-553
Voltage 80V DC
Coil type Intermittent
Pre-order and back-ordering is available for all Albright out-of-stock items, with a current 9 to 12 weeks despatch.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1924 823119 or Email us to discuss further requirements.
Albright SW80B-553 80Vdc 100A single-acting solenoid contactor, intermittent.
- The SW80 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc.; they have double-breaking contacts with Silver-alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive-style solenoid switches, which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- No hardware fitted (No Zinc nuts and spring washers).
- 2070-57 Repair contact kit
- 2070-124 Auxiliary switch kit
- 2070-40 Albright SW80 Solenoid L-Shape Mounting Bracket
- 2126-48A Albright SW80 and SW82 Solenoid Mounting Bracket
- 2070-983A Albright SW80 Solenoid Curved Mounting Bracket
- 2071-428 Albright SW80 and SU80 Solenoid DIN Rail Bracket
- Height, including terminals and coil base cap: 94mm.
- Coil width: 41mm.
- Cap width: 50.5mm.
- Cap depth: 39mm.
These contactors are of double break configuration and are fitted with magnetic blowouts (denoted by the 'B' suffix in the SW80 range) across both contact gaps. These enable high currents to be ruptured very quickly so that arcing time is reduced to a minimum. The fitting of blowouts makes the contacts polarity sensitive, and the Positive markings on the top cover of the contactor must be observed.
About Intermittent (Int.) SW80 Solenoids
Intermittent contactors, by design, are predominantly used for hydraulic functions on vehicles; they make and break quicker than continuous solenoids and are not recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The SW80 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounting is via M4 tapped holes or by steel mounting brackets (supplied as separate items). Mounting can be horizontal or vertical. When vertical, the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||NO - SP - ST |
|Voltage ||80V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Intermittent |
|Amps ||100 Amps |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||365 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||48.0 Max. |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||20.0 Max. |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||17.53 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Weight ||400g |
|Application ||Interrupted ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A ||125A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A ||230A |
|40% Duty ||160A ||200A |
|50% Duty ||140A ||175A |
|60% Duty ||130A ||160A |
|70% Duty ||120A ||150A |
Free UK Mainland Postage and Packaging
Our Free UK Mainland Postage and Packaging Service offers unbeatable value for money. The free UK Standard shipping is automatically applied to your shopping cart page with no additional cost when you reach the £50.00 minimum order value.
We use Royal Mail Standard or Recorded Delivery for light, low-value orders and we use UPS, Parcel Force, and other major courier services for larger and more valuable consignments.
Our international customers will need to provide the exact Card Holder Address (Invoicee) as the first address for payment processing. Please note that PO Box addresses are not acceptable as delivery addresses by some couriers. All export orders must be placed and paid for online. Proforma Bank Transfer IBAN and SWIFT payment methods are available to create online.