Albright SW84B-228T single-pole, double-throw solenoid contactor with magnetic blowouts and textured tips, 48Vdc prolonged.
- The SW84B-228T has been designed for 48V direct current (DC) loads, including motors as used on electric vehicles such as industrial trucks. Developed for both interrupted and uninterrupted loads, the SW84B is suitable for switching Resistive, Capacitive and Inductive loads.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive style solenoid switches which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- Enclosed top cover with hardware.
- Textured tip version
- 2070-124 Auxiliary microswitch kit.
- 2126-48A Mounting bracket.
- Height including terminals and coil base cap: 91mm.
- Coil width: 40mm.
- Cap width: 39mm.
- Coil and cap depth, including fixed contact bars: 58mm.
These contactors are fitted with magnetic blowouts (denoted by the 'B' suffix in the SW84B range) across contact gaps. These enable high currents to be ruptured very quickly so that arcing time is reduced to a minimum. Fitting of blowouts can make the contacts polarity sensitive and the positive markings on the top cover of the contactor must be observed.
About Prolonged (PO.) SW84B-228T Solenoids
Prolonged (PO) use, up to 90% duty cycle and up to 54 minutes of continuous energisation. The coil is more powerful than continuous and weaker than intermittent equivalent. The return spring is stronger than continuous but weaker than intermittent.
The SW84B has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. It can be mounted via M4 tapped holes or mounting brackets purchased as separate items. Mounting can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards. Please note Normally Closed contacts are not suited to make and break the load.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||SP - DT |
|Voltage ||48V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Prolonged |
|Amps ||100 Amps |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||42 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||32.0 Max. |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||12.0 Max. |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||13.24 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|NO: 40mV |
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Weight ||480g |
|Application ||Interrupted ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A ||125A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A ||230A |
|40% Duty ||160A ||200A |
|50% Duty ||140A ||175A |
|60% Duty ||130A ||160A |
|70% Duty ||120A ||150A |