Albright RU280B-5008 single-acting 36Vdc 350 Amps solenoid contactor with magnetic blowouts, continuous.
- The Reduced Silver series are suitable for applications where infrequent switching is specified. In such applications the degradation of the tip is minimal and therefore a higher volume of silver is unnecessary. Developed for Uninterrupted current applications the RU280 is typically used in line contactors or Power Distribution Systems.
- Magnetic blowouts are fitted in the cap as standard on this unit.
- Contacts repair kit part number: 2182-919
- Auxiliary switch kit part number: 2155-352.
- Height including terminals and coil base cap: 132mm.
- Coil width: 45mm.
- Cap width: 67mm.
- Cap depth: 47mm.
These contactors are of double break configuration and are fitted with magnetic blowouts (denoted by the 'B' suffix in the RU280B range) across both contact gaps. These enable high currents to be ruptured very quickly so that arcing time is reduced to a minimum. The fitting of blowouts makes the contacts polarity sensitive and the Positive markings on the top cover of the contactor must be observed.
About Continuous (CO.) RU280 Solenoids
Continuous contactors by design are predominantly used for drive functions on vehicles, they make and break slower than intermittent solenoids and are recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The contactors have double-breaking main contacts with Silver-alloy tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity. They are easy to install, with M5 tapped holes in the switch frame together with a range of mounting brackets. Mounting can be vertical or horizontal, when vertical the M10 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||SPST NO |
|Voltage ||36V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Continuous |
|Amps ||350 Amps |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||102 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||24.0 Maximum |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||9.0 Maximum |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||12.71 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||30ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Weight ||755g |
|Application ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||350A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||640A |
|40% Duty ||555A |
|50% Duty ||495A |
|60% Duty ||450A |
|70% Duty ||420A |