DC88B-2 Albright 12V DC Motor Reversing Solenoid Contactor Continuous
Despatch: 9 to 12 Weeks
Weight: 1.04 kg
Bar Code: DNA
Part Number: DC88B-2
Voltage: 12V DC
Coil type: Continuous
Pre-order and back-ordering are available with a current 9 to 12 week lead time. Telephone: +44 (0) 1924 823119 or Email us to discuss further requirements.
Albright 12 Volts DC motor reversing solenoid contactor, continuous. The 'B' denotes the caps are fitted with magnetic blow-outs.
- The DC88B-2 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc.
- They have double breaking main contacts with silver alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive style solenoid switches which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- The DC88B is a monoblock construction, resulting in a neat compact design which is compatible with modern electronic control systems.
- Magnetic blow-outs: used to assist breaking of arcs associated with high voltage.
Replacement Component Part Numbers
- 2070-360C: Top cover with magnets and stud contacts.
- 2070-14J: Moving contact.
- 2070-326: Long bar fixed contact.
About the DC88B-2 Motor Reversing Solenoid
Continuous contactors by design are predominantly used for drive functions on vehicles, they make and break slower than intermittent solenoids and are recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The main contact circuit, designed for motor reversing, has a built-in failsafe, so that if both coils are energised simultaneously the contact arrangement is open circuit. This version of the DC88 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounting is via the integral bracket formed into the coil housing case. Mounting can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted current - opening and closing on load with frequent switching (results in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted current - no or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||DC88 Monoblock SPDT NO |
|Voltage ||12V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Continuous |
|Amps ||100A |
|Coil Power Dissipation ||7 - 13 Watts |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|Normally Open: Less than 40mV |
Normally Closed: Less than 50mV
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Guideline Weight ||1.04kg |
|Application ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A |
|40% Duty ||160A |
|50% Duty ||140A |
|60% Duty ||130A |
|70% Duty ||120A |
Free UK Mainland Postage and Packaging
Free UK Mainland delivery discount is selectable on your shopping cart page; a £50.00 minimum order value is applicable for the Free Delivery Service, with a variable low Standard Rate shipping charge for smaller consignments.
Despatch methods for Standard and Free UK Delivery Service include light, low-value orders despatched via Royal Mail standard or recorded delivery, with large and high-value orders despatched via UPS and Parcel Force courier services.
International orders and consignments require the exact Card Holder Address (Invoicee) as the first address for payment processing. PO Box addresses are not acceptable as delivery addresses by some couriers.
Export orders will only be accepted when placed online.