DC88-TBC1 Albright 72-80V DC Motor-reversing Solenoid Contactor Continuous
Despatch: 9 to 12 Weeks
Weight: 1.04 kg
Bar Code: DNA
Part Number: DC88-TBC1
Voltage 72-80V DC
Coil type Continuous
Pre-order and back-ordering is available with a current 9 to 12 weeks despatch. Telephone: +44 (0) 1924 823119 or Email us to discuss further requirements.
Albright 72 to 80 Volts DC motor reversing solenoid contactor, continuous.
- The DC88-TBC1 series of contactors has been designed for direct current loads, particularly motors as used on small electric vehicles such as light industrial trucks, powered invalid cars, etc.
- They have double-breaking main contacts with Silver-alloy contact tips, which are weld resistant, hardwearing and have excellent conductivity.
- They are economical in price and compare favourably with sealed automotive style solenoid switches which cannot be serviced or inspected for contact wear.
- The DC88 is a monoblock construction, resulting in a neat compact design which is compatible with modern electronic control systems.
Replacement Component Part Numbers
- 2070-360A: Top cover and stud contacts.
- 2070-14J: Moving contact.
- 2070-326: Long bar fixed contact.
About The DC88-TBC1 Motor Reversing Solenoid
Continuous contactors by design are predominantly used for drive functions on vehicles, they make and break slower than intermittent solenoids and are recommended for prolonged contact periods.
The main contact circuit, designed for motor reversing, has a built-in failsafe, so that if both coils are energised simultaneously the contact arrangement is open circuit. This version of the DC88 has M8 stud main terminals and 6.3mm spade coil connections. Mounting is via the integral bracket formed into the coil housing case. Mounting can be horizontal or vertical, when vertical the M8 contact studs should point upwards.
|Interrupted Current: The opening and closing on load with frequent switching (resulting in increased contact resistance). |
|Uninterrupted Current: No or infrequent load switching requirements (maintains a lower contact resistance). |
|Device Type ||DC88 Monoblock SPDT NO |
|Voltage ||72-80V D.C. |
|Coil Type ||Continuous |
|Amps ||100A |
|Coil Resistance (Ohms) ||600 |
|Pull-In Voltage (V) ||48.0 Maximum |
|Drop Out Voltage (V) ||18.0 Maximum |
|Coil Power Dissipation (W) ||8.64 |
|Typical Pull-In Time ||20ms |
|Typical Voltage Drop Per Pole |
Across New Contacts At 100A
|Normally Open: Less than 40mV |
Normally Closed: Less than 50mV
|Operating Ambient Temperature ||-40 to +60℃ |
|Guideline Weight ||1.04kg |
|Application ||Uninterrupted |
|Thermal Current Rating ||100A |
|Intermittent Current Rating: |
|30% Duty ||185A |
|40% Duty ||160A |
|50% Duty ||140A |
|60% Duty ||130A |
|70% Duty ||120A |
Free UK Mainland Postage and Packaging
Our Free UK Mainland Postage and Packaging Service offers unbeatable value for money. The free UK Standard shipping is automatically applied to your shopping cart page with no additional cost when you reach the £50.00 minimum order value.
We use Royal Mail Standard or Recorded Delivery for light, low-value orders and we use UPS, Parcel Force, and other major courier services for larger and more valuable consignments.
Our international customers will need to provide the exact Card Holder Address (Invoicee) as the first address for payment processing. Please note that PO Box addresses are not acceptable as delivery addresses by some couriers. All export orders must be placed and paid for online. Proforma Bank Transfer IBAN and SWIFT payment methods are available to create online.