0-146-20 Durite Acfil Pump Assembly Complete
Bar Code: 5056119105308
Part Number: 0-146-20
Durite Acfil rubber pipe with lead sinker, PVC bulb and valves. Fits most carboys and is suitable for sulphuric acid with a specific gravity not exceeding 1.400.
This is the last unit available from the Durite range of Acfil pumps due to the unit being discontinued. It can be used as a standalone kit or purchased for replacement parts, but please be aware, there are now no replacement parts available.
Assembling and fitting the Pump
- First, take the assembled centrepiece (5) with compression nut (1) collar (2) expander (4) and bottom lock nut (8). Attach the 600mm short rubber pipe (3) to the grey plastic tube at the lower end of the main body (5). The other end of this pipe, which is weighted with a lead sinker, should then be lowered into the drum. and the rubber expander (4) fitted so that it is at least half-way into the neck opening of the drum. If the opening of the drum is on the small side, grip the rubber expander (not the plastic parts) and give a slight twist, at the same time pushing the main body downward into the neck of the drum with the other hand. Now screw down the compression nut (1) just sufficiently to make an air-tight joint.
- Next, attach the thickened end of the long delivery pipe (9) to the bent outlet tube at the top of the main body. To the other end of this pipe fit the 'stratgrip' control (10). This is done by sliding off the canopy and rectangle then refitting with the tube in position. The bulb and bellows unit (7) is connected to the horizontal pipe at the top of the main body.
- Only for use with distilled water or dilute sulphuric acid.
- When handling acids: Protective goggles and clothing must be worn.
- Do not over pressurize the drum.
N.B. The word 'Drum' refers to small chemical drums or Carboy.
Operation of the Pump
- Compress the bulb unit a few times until slight air pressure can be felt in the rubber bellows unit, and by operating the 'stratgrip' control, the liquid from the drum will flow as required.
Free UK Mainland Postage and Packaging
Free UK Mainland delivery discount is selectable on your shopping cart page; a £50.00 minimum order value is applicable for the Free Delivery Service, with a variable low Standard Rate shipping charge for smaller consignments.
Despatch methods for Standard and Free UK Delivery Service include light, low-value orders despatched via Royal Mail standard or recorded delivery, with large and high-value orders despatched via UPS and Parcel Force courier services.
International orders and consignments require the exact Card Holder Address (Invoicee) as the first address for payment processing. PO Box addresses are not acceptable as delivery addresses by some couriers.
Export orders will only be accepted when placed online.
0-149-50 1L Automatic Battery Filler Bottle Available Reference: 0-149-50
Automatic battery filler, dispenses distilled water and automatically stops when the correct level of electrolyte is reached in each cell.